Leek is a simple vegetable that will complement your usual weight loss program and at the same time contribute to the natural detoxification of the body.
The plant we want to talk about today has a much milder taste than ordinary onions, and it will give a wonderful taste to your daily meals. However, if there is one thing that leeks should be famous for, it is the ability to remove toxins.
You may also know that leeks use for centuries to improve women’s health.
Indeed, there are records from ancient Greece and Rome that explain how this variety of onions can improve fertility and heart health in women and overcome shortness of breath and fatigue.
In this article, we want to share a recipe for a toxin cleanser that promotes healthy weight loss.
Leeks for your health
Leeks belong to the family Alliaceae (Onion), a group of plants that grow from bulbs, such as garlic and onions. Its characteristic feature is a sweeter taste, which makes leeks much more versatile foods in the kitchen.
Leeks are an excellent source of nutrients
- Leeks contain many antioxidants and flavonoids that fight inflammation and free radicals.
- In addition, do not forget that leeks are one of the unique sources of vitamins A and C, which are great for cleansing the body, fighting inflammation, and restoring the body’s natural pH balance.
- You may be interested in the fact that this variety of onions contains very few calories, which makes it a great option for those who want to lose weight.
- Leek contains a lot of soluble and insoluble fiber. If you eat it regularly, it can help overcome constipation.
- In general, this unpretentious vegetable is a rich source of vitamins and minerals such as zinc, iron, potassium, and magnesium – all of which are important for your health.
- Finally, leeks contain a lot of folic acids, which makes them especially useful during pregnancy.
Leek is a natural antibiotic
Leeks do not contain as much allicin as garlic, however, it is a powerful source of natural antibiotics.
Laboratory studies have confirmed that the level of allicin in garlic and leeks can prevent the formation of cholesterol in the blood because this compound inhibits certain enzymes that accumulate in the liver.
Promotes heart health
Regular consumption of this vegetable helps to release nitric oxide (NO) through the walls of blood vessels.
As a result, circulation improves and blood clots are reducing.
Leek as a cleanser for the body
Leek contains a lot of water, ie it is an excellent diuretic and helps remove toxins. In fact, this plant is well known for its cleansing properties.
Picture Credit: Unsplash